There are a range of new and existing Christian resources available for people to engage with at this difficult and challenging time in the life of the nation and the world:
- Weekly service broadcasts – these will be made available each Sunday through the Church of England’s Facebook page.
- Taize Community – daily prayers and readings are available from the Taize Christian Community. Link here.
- Time to Pray app – everything you need for Prayer During the Day, with variations according to the day of the week and the season of the Church’s year. Download for free.
- Daytime prayer and Night prayer service audio – building on the existing daily prayer feed, this includes daytime prayer and night prayer for each day. It will be available as a downloadable app in the coming weeks.
- Live streaming services from churches – AChurchNearYou.com now lists hundreds of churches offering livestreams of services from across the country.
- #LiveLent: Care for God’s Creation – the Church of England’s Lent campaign for 2020. With weekly themes shaped around the first Genesis account of creation, it explores the urgent need for humans to value and protect the abundance God has created. This daily audio content is available via the app and daily emails. Sign up for free.
- The BBC’s Daily Service and Sunday Worship – radio programmes will be using some of the themes from #LiveLent as part of their broadcasts.
- Prayer for the day – each day the Church of England publishes audio and text of the Prayer for the Day.
- Smart speakers – daily prayer and #LiveLent audio content can be accessed via our smart speaker apps.