Our Mission Statement is :-
To love and worship God and spread the good news of Jesus Christ through our worship, community concern and action.
Along with all churches in the Diocese we are committed to growth in discipleship, service and numbers.
Therefore we pray for:-
- Our growth as disciples of Jesus Christ
- Our growth in service to God and our neighbours
- Our growth in the number of people worshipping God and learning to be Christ’s disciples
This is the mission to which we believe God is calling our parish and Diocese.
Worship and Education
- An annual teaching course to be offered for adults
- An annual day conference/quiet day
- Continued development of work with families including Messy Church/Stepping Stones and Bridges.
- Continued use and development of the Marriage Preparation Course
- Encouragement of the monthly Coffee morning for the Bereaved.
- Encouraging Confirmation for all ages.
- Baptism preparation to be a priority.
Following the successful Vision Phase 1 we hope to implement Vision Stage 2 in the coming years. This will include:-
- Improved choir/clergy provision
- Increasing size of nave staging
- Creation of a new side chapel
- New PA system
- Renewing of all lighting
- Provision of extra storage in south and north aisle
- Restoration of the bells
- A new entrance to the church.
Pastoral and Outreach
As the Parish Church is at the heart of the community our aim is to offer care and support for all.
- Expand the circulation of the free monthly Fakenham Beacon as the town grows
- To create a team of lay people for all aspects of visiting
- To renew and widen the church family list of the church with the use of email addresses
- To improve and revise the church website
Social and Fundraising
We endeavour through the social and fundraising events of the Church to remain at the heart of the community. Our objective is to provide such events to support the work of the Church and the wider community. The spiritual and pastoral work of the Church will be in evidence.
We aim to pay our way
- By regular giving
- By maximising Gift Aid
- By creating special events
We endeavour to enable 10% of income raised to be donated to charity through events, special collects and fund raising